Where to exchange Cambodian money? This is the concern of many people when planning to travel to Cambodia. With many famous beauties, along with many mysteries in the culture here, many people are curious and want to experience it. So when traveling to Cambodia, what currency do you need to exchange and where? Please follow the following article for accurate information!
What currency does Cambodia use?
Cambodia uses the Riel as its official currency, coded KHR issued by the Central Bank of Cambodia. Riel coins usually have denominations of 100r, 200r, 500r, 1000r, 2000r, 5000r, 10,000r, 20,000r, 50,000r and the highest denomination is 100,000r. In addition, US dollars and Vietnamese currency are also widely used, especially in tourist areas.
Normally, Cambodians only use Riel currency to buy household items and food at popular stores because this currency has a low value. USD money will be used for major purposes such as hotel expenses, restaurant expenses, shopping in commercial areas or long-distance car travel.
Riel is the popular currency of Cambodia
What is the exchange rate from Vietnamese currency to Cambodian Riel?
When you plan to travel and explore Casino mocbai Or have a job that requires Cambodian money and want to change from Vietnamese currency to Riel. Tourists need to know what the exchange rate is between these two currencies? The following is an accurate statistical table you can refer to:
|Cambodian Riel||Vietnamese Dong|
|1 KHR||5.88 VND|
|5 KHR||29.43 VND|
|10 KHR||58.86 VND|
|20 KHR||117. 718 VND|
|50 KHR||294. 296 VND|
|100 KHR||588. 592 VND|
|250 KHR||1471.48 VND|
|1000 KHR||5885.92 VND|
|2000 KHR||11771.85 VND|
Above is the latest exchange rate update information to help you grasp the denomination and convert the amount of money you want more easily. Note, if you intend to exchange money to travel to Rustic post You should only change ¼ of the amount to Riel, the rest should be changed to USD for more convenient payment. So Where to exchange Cambodian money? reputation? Let’s find out in detail through the following content!
Where to exchange Cambodian money? Instructions on how to exchange Cambodian money easily
For tourists, especially those who are coming to Cambodia for the first time, they are very worried and uncertain Where to exchange Cambodian money? reputable and safe. Below, OKVIP will send you reputable money exchange addresses that you can refer to!
Exchange money in Vietnam
Where to exchange Cambodian money?? In Vietnam, you can exchange Cambodian Riel at banks. Normally, exchange rates at banks will be publicized and updated very often, so when you exchange, it will be closest to the prices, ensuring accuracy, safety and cost savings. In addition, there are currently many private stores that support foreign currency exchange transactions. You can learn about some reputable stores to do so.
See: Tin tức Mocbai
Transactions at border gates
Vietnam and Cambodia border each other on land, so traveling between the two countries by road is extremely convenient. You can enter through the border gate Rustic post or Bavet,.. This is also the choice of many tourists when wanting to explore the country of Pagodas and Towers.
To facilitate travel, many people choose to exchange Vietnamese currency into Riel at the border gate. However, the conversion rate here is often increased very high, so visitors only need to exchange enough to buy drinks, snacks or phone sim cards.
Transactions at banks, money exchange counters, and gold vaults in Cambodia
If you have been to the big cities of the country of Pagodas and Towers such as Phnom Penh or Siem Reap, but still do not know where to exchange Cambodian money, go immediately to banks, money exchange counters and gold banks. These are popular places where you can make transactions.
Important notes when exchanging Cambodian Riel
Surely now you have found the answer Where to exchange Cambodian money? then right? In addition, to exchange Riel money you need to note the following important things:
- Monitor exchange rates before exchanging: This exchange rate will be continuously changed and updated according to market fluctuations. Therefore, visitors need to research in advance where to exchange money to ensure there is not a big difference.
- The Riel is the official currency of Cambodia and has a small value. You should use Riel to pay for small transactions, such as buying food, drinks, taking a taxi,…
- Bring USD in small denominations: To avoid price pressure, you should bring USD in small denominations when exchanging money.
- Do not use the 2 USD coin: According to Cambodian people’s beliefs, the 2 USD coin has an image that resembles a skeleton, reminiscent of the dark period of the Pol Pot regime. Therefore, you should not use the 2 USD coin when in Cambodia.
- Can pay by card: At restaurants, shopping centers, and major hotels in Cambodia, you can pay by international credit card.
- Store money carefully: You should store money carefully to avoid theft or pickpocketing. When receiving change, you should check carefully to see if it is wrinkled or torn. If so, you should ask for another sheet.
Hopefully the information shared above will help you answer your concerns Where to exchange Cambodian money? In particular, you should read the important notes when exchanging money updated above to have the happiest and smoothest trip. Please follow the website to know more information required when coming to Cambodia!